Car insurance is an essential one since it protects your car from all kind of damages. While buying car insurance, it is important to look and compare the features of different insurance companies. In offering massive claim ratio, emergency assistance, claim for minor damages and towing facility at lower premium, Acko car insurance serves the best-in-class experience to the customer.
Acko is an Indian private sector insurance company, founded in November 2016. In partnership with Ola cabs, Acko General Insurance has launched an in-trip program in more than 110 Indian cities. In partnership with Amazon India, Acko General Insurance is offering mobile insurance plans on its retailer portal.
What are the types of Acko Car Insurance Policy?
Acko offers two types of car insurance policies namely,
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance:
Third party car insurance is a basic type of car insurance policy. As this plan type comes with the lowest premium rate, it offers only minimum protection to your vehicle. This plan covers injuries caused to the third party and their property. As per the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for car owners to possess a third party car insurance.
Comprehensive Car Insurance:
The comprehensive car insurance offers complete protection to your car against damages to your car and third person's property, injuries to the owner-driver, accident, fire, theft, man-made and natural calamities. Though this plan comes with the highest premium rate, it offers maximum coverage when compared with third party car insurance.
What are the benefits of Acko Car Insurance?
- Almost every car insurance product comes with 20% to 30% commission which will steadily increase the pricing of insurance plans and premiums. But this is not in the case of Acko. Acko car insurance offers guaranteed reduction in premiums.
- If you are the one who does not like paperwork, then Acko car insurance is the best choice for you. With Acko car insurance, you can buy insurance product, renew plan, file claim and can do everything in online without any paperwork.
- In Acko car insurance, the claiming process is much easier with just a single call. The company will do everything from picking up your vehicle, repairing and dropping your vehicle at your doorstep.
- Minor damages and dents will cost you a lot over a long period of time. Acko car insurance settles cash instantly over claim for even minor damages.
- Acko offers 24x7 emergency assistance and towing service with its wide cashless garage network.
- As the insurance processes in Acko are technology-driven, there is no need for third-party assistance. This helps the company to cut down the operation cost and to provide a wide insurance cover at low premium.
Why you need to choose Acko Car Insurance?
You need to buy or renew insurance plan from Acko car insurance for the following reasons.
- Acko is an IRDA licensed insurance company.
- Acko offers easier and convenient insurance experience.
- Acko offers numerous benefits such as paperless insurance process, cashless claims and hassle-free claim process.
- Acko settles claim instantly within 3 days in selected cities, subjected to certain terms and conditions.
- Upon processing of payment, Acko will issue the policy instantly.
What are the risks covered by Acko Car Insurance?
Acko's Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy covers the following risks.
- Damage due to accident
- Damage due to fire
- Damage due to calamities
- Third-party cover
- Injuries to the car owner
- Car theft
How Acko Car Insurance works?
- In India, it is mandatory for car owners to possess a third-party cover.
- The third-party cover offers financial protection in the case of any loss or damage caused by your vehicle to another person, his/her property or vehicle.
- The premium rate for the third-party cover depends on the cubic capacity of your vehicle's engine. The premium rates are fixed by IRDAI and are revised every year.
Own Damage Cover:
- Though own damage cover is an optional one, it is highly beneficial.
- Own damage cover is a part of Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy which also includes third-party cover.
- This cover offers financial protection as well as protection to your car from any damages due to fire, theft, accidents, man-made or natural disasters.
- The premium rate for this cover is calculated as percentage of your vehicle's Insured Declared Value (IDV) in India.
Personal Accident Cover for Owner Driver:
If you have chosen comprehensive car insurance policy in India, you will receive a compulsory personal accident cover for owner-driver.
Some special discounts will be offered by specific insurance companies in India according to the terms and conditions. Discounts will be granted for installing anti-theft devices and for members of Automobile Association of India, etc. These discounts will reduce the price of your car insurance policy.
Insured Declared Value:
In the case of total damage or theft of your car, you will receive an amount called Insured Declared Value. Your car's resale value or other settlements will not be affected.
While buying car insurance policy, GST is applicable as per the IRDAI guidelines.
What are the Add-ons offered in Acko Car Insurance?
Acko car insurance offers add-ons which covers various losses incurred to your vehicle. Some of the add-ons offered by Acko car insurance are given below.
The comprehensive car insurance policy comes with the zero depreciation or bumper to bumper add-on. By choosing this add-on cover, your insurer will not consider depreciation while you are making claim. When comparing Third-Party Liability and Comprehensive car insurance policy, the premium is high. Under the Benefit Zero Depreciation, you will be allowed to make unlimited claims.
Generally, the Comprehensive car insurance policy does not cover any damage to the car's engine. As engine is the vital and expensive part of a car, it is important to protect your car's engine with car insurance policy. You can also purchase this add-on cover separately.
Invoice cover also known as Invoice Protection Add-on or Return to Invoice cover, is an add-on in which your insurer will provide the compensation amount as mentioned in the invoice. In the absence of this add-on, you will be provided the Insured Declared Value of your car in the event of theft or total loss.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Protection:
If you do not raise claim against comprehensive car insurance policy during the previous policy period, the insurance companies will offer No Claim Bonus. You can avail this benefit during the renewal of your car insurance policy. But you cannot avail this benefit if you raise a claim. To avail this benefit, you can purchase this NCB add-on with which you can raise claims twice during the policy period.
This add-on will be extremely helpful if you need emergency roadside assistance in the midst of your journey. If your car's tire went flat or your car's engine is facing any issue while driving, this add-on cover will come handy. With this add-on, all you need to do is to just make a call to the insurance company and they will send help immediately.
How to buy/renew Acko Car Insurance Policy in Online?
Buying and renewing insurance policy in online is a simple, convenient and easy process. With online process, you can easily buy or renew car insurance policy.
To buy insurance policy in Acko,
Step 1: Visit the official portal of Acko Insurance https://www.acko.com/car-insurance/
Step 2: Enter your car number. If you do not remember your car number, then select your car.
Step 3: Answer some simple questions about your car.
Step 4: View online car insurance plans and select your own IDV.
Step 5: Then apply for numerous offers available to get best price.
Step 6: Choose a policy and make payment to get the policy instantly.
How to raise claim in Acko Car Insurance?
To raise claim in Acko Car Insurance, just follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Visit www.acko.com or just contact Acko call centre 1800-266-2256.
Step 2: Login to the website and click 'Claim Now' to register your claim.
Step 3: Upon successful registration, the insurance company will pick up your car and repair within one hour.
Step 4: Track the repair status in the website.
Step 5: The repaired car will be dropped at your doorstep within three days.
While raising claim, you need to provide information such as,
- Your contact number or your vehicle number.
- Photographs of your vehicle and description of the incident.
- FIR in the case of theft or damage to any third party or their property.
What are the documents required for cashless and reimbursement claims?
While filing cashless claim and reimbursement claim, you need to submit the following documents.
- A copy of your car's registration certificate
- A copy of the insurance policy
- FIR or police report
- A copy of your car's license
- Cash receipts, original repair bills, etc.
How to get cashless claim in Acko Car Insurance?
Once you have met with an accident, you need to request for reimbursement from your insurer by raising claim. To get cashless claim in Acko Car Insurance, just go through the following steps.
Step 1: In the case any damage caused to you, your vehicle or third-party, inform it immediately to your insurer by providing all necessary details such as your vehicle's number, details of the incident, etc.
Step 2: In the case of theft or damage to the third-party, file an FIR at the nearest police station and submit the FIR along with other documents to the insurance company.
Step 3: Once you have raised the claim, the company will explain the claim settlement process and the documents needed for the same. Acko also provides pick up facility within one hour in selected cities.
Step 4: You need to pay the entire amount for repairing your car at the garage and should submit the original repair bills to the insurance company. After subtracting the deductibles, your insurer will reimburse the amount.