With the introduction of Aadhaar, it has become mandatory to link Aadhaar with all important documents. Linking Aadhaar eases the verification process as it serves as the unique identity proof. Let us discuss the procedures involved in linking Aadhaar with PAN, mobile number and Insurance Policies.
How to link Aadhaar with PAN
PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. It is a 10-digit number uniquely allocated to the all tax payers by the Income Tax Department under the control of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). Like Aadhaar, PAN also serves as one of the unique identity proofs. It is compulsory for the tax payers to have PAN card. Already, the government passed the law that the PAN card should be linked with Aadhaar within December 31, 2017. And now the CBDT recently came up with a new announcement that the deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN has been prolonged up to 31, March 2018. Failure to link PAN with Aadhaar may turn your PAN invalid. Also, your claim for Income Tax Returns (ITR) will be declined. In order to avoid such issues, link your Aadhaar with PAN with the steps given below.
How to link Aadhaar with PAN via Message
Linking Aadhaar with PAN has become much easier with SMS. To link Aadhaar with PAN,
- Send message to 567678 or 56161
- Send the message as UIDPAN Your 12-digit Aadhaar number Your 10-digit PAN Number
How to link Aadhaar with PAN in Online
If you are already a registered user in Income Tax e-Filing site, go along with the following process to link your Aadhaar with PAN.
- Get access into the portal with your user ID, password and date of birth
- Once logged in, click ‘Profile Settings’ in the top tab and select ‘Link Aadhaar’
- If your Aadhaar is already linked with PAN, it will appear “Your PAN is already linked with your Aadhaar”
- If your Aadhaar is not linked with PAN, it will show a form where you have to submit your name, date of birth and gender as mentioned in PAN card. Then enter your Aadhaar number and captcha code. Tap ‘Submit’
- After submitting the details, a message will be displayed on the screen that your attempt of linking PAN with Aadhaar is successful
The site also provides the facility to link Aadhaar with PAN for the non-registered users also. If you are not registered with e-Filing site, then you can simply link Aadhaar with PAN without registering by using the following steps.
- In the home page of Income Tax e-Filing portal, click ‘Link Aadhaar’ option from the ‘Quick Links’
- The Link Aadhaar form will appear. Enter your PAN, Aadhaar number, Name as per your Aadhaar. In case you have only year of birth in your Aadhaar card, then click on the checkbox. Also, click on the checkbox ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
- Then enter the captcha code and click ‘Link Aadhaar’
- A message will appear that your PAN card is successfully linked with Aadhaar
Why linking PAN card with Aadhaar card is important
Both PAN card and Aadhaar card serves as the unique identity proof which prevents any fraudulent activities. Considering advantages in linking PAN with Aadhaar, the government urges every individual to link Aadhaar card with PAN card. It is important to link PAN card with Aadhaar card because,
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar card checks tax evasion
- By linking PAN with Aadhaar, an individual can have only one PAN card. Having multiple PAN card is not possible and thus it prevents individuals evading from tax
- By linking PAN with Aadhaar, you can easily file Income Tax Returns in online without submitting Income Tax acknowledgement to the Income Tax department
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar put an end to money laundering, black money and terror financing
How to link Aadhaar card with Insurance Policies in Online
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has made it compulsory for the policy holders to link Aadhaar card with their Insurance policies. Failure to link Aadhaar with insurance policy may cause problems in settlement of claims.In order to avoid such problems, the policy holders must link their Aadhaar card with insurance policy within deadline. The IRDAI has extended the deadline to link Aadhaar card with Insurance policies till 31, March 2018.
How to link Aadhaar with LIC Policy
To link Aadhaar with your LIC policy, simply follow these quick steps mentioned below.
- Visit the LIC portal 'https://www.licindia.in'
- In the home page, click the new link ‘Link Aadhaar and PAN to Policy’
- Then the entire process along with the documents needed for the process will be displayed in a page. Read the instruction carefully and then click ‘Proceed’
- It will navigate you to the page where you need to fill the form by providing your Aadhaar and PAN details
- Once submitting all details, enter the captcha code and click ‘Get OTP’
- An OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number. For this, your mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar
- After submission, a message will appear upon successful registration of linkage
- Once verified with UIDAI, you will receive a verification message or email. It may take a few days for verification
How to link Aadhaar with HDFC life
To link Aadhaar with HDFC life,
- Visit HDFC site 'https://www.hdfclife.com'
- Get access into your account by logging into ‘My Account’
- Select ‘Update Aadhaar’ from ‘My Policy’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and Policy number in ‘My Aadhaar Details’
- Then click ‘Submit’. The linkage process ends here
How to link Aadhaar with ICICI Lombard
To link Aadhaar with ICICI Lombard,
- Visit 'https://www.icicilombard.com/'
- Select ‘Link Aadhaar & PAN number’ under the ‘Support’ menu
- Select your product
- For Motor insurance, you need to provide your Policy number, Engine number and Chassis number
- For travel, home and health insurances, you need to provide your policy number and date of birth
- Select the policy and enter your Aadhaar number
- Enter the OTP sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number to verify your Aadhaar number
How to link Aadhaar card with Insurance Policies
It is mandatory to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number. The deadline for linkage is 31, March 2018. You can link in two ways either by offline or by IVRS method.
- To link your mobile number with Aadhaar card, you can visit your nearby retail store with your Aadhaar card. You need to complete bio metric validation. Also, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number for the verification process to complete.
- You can also link your mobile number with Aadhaar card by IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) method. Users of Vodafone, Idea and Airtel can dial 14546 and response to the computer voice using your keypad. Provide your 12-digit Aadhaar number. An OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number which you have to enter for verification.
How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Account
Recent rule says it is mandatory to link Aadhaar number with the bank account. State bank of India is one of the largest bank. Linking Aadhaar number with State bank account follows easy steps. The account holder can use the respective bank branch, ATMs, text message and Internet Banking to link the number.
Via Bank branch:
- The account holder can approach the bank with the photocopy of Aadhaar card and a letter with the request of linking Aadhaar.
- After successful linking, confirmation message will be sent to the registered mobile number of the account holder.
- At the ATM, first swipe the ATM card.
- After swiping, a menu will be displayed. In the menu, choose the ‘service’ option and then ‘Registration’ option to register the Aadhaar number.
Via Text message:
- With the registered mobile number, the account holder should send SMS to the number 567676.
- The format of message to type is UID Aadhaar number Account number.
- Reply will be done after the registration.
- In case if the mobile number is not registered with the bank, it will be notified in the reply message.
Via Internet Banking:
- The user log in to the SBI's official site ‘www.onlinesbi.com’.
- Select the link 'link your Aadhaar number', It will take you to the account selection page.
- There you can register the Aadhaar number.
- In that page, your registered mobile number's last two digits will be displayed. To that number, confirmation message will be sent.
Jitendra Dubey - Jan 19, 2018
How to link aadhar card with UBI bank account via online.
Harendra Kumar yadav - Jan 17, 2018
How to registered mobile numbers with account online