Kotak Mahindra Bank- first started as Kotak Mahindra Finance limited in 1985 and later developed as the fourth largest private bank in market capitalization. Now, it has a wide network with more than 1370 branches and 2160 ATMs all over the country. You can open a account in Kotak bank over online without visiting the branch and it offers highest interest for savings account. If you are a Kotak customer or soon to be, then know how to use net banking and mobile banking services it has provided.
How to Register and Login for Kotak Bank Net Banking
To get net banking service, first register your account online. Following are the steps to register
- Visit Kotak Bank and login.
- On the login page, click 'Register for Net Baking' under the heading 'new user'.
- A new page will appear. Enter your CRN or customer Id which will be in your debit card under your name and also in cheque book as 'Reference number'. Click 'continue'.
- Next on 'verify your details' page, options like your date of birth, your mother's maiden name, your registered mobile number, your registered email Id will be given. Choose any two among them and answer them and continue.
- Then there are methods to generate password like generating through debit card details, secret questions, credit card details and physical PIN.
- If you choose debit card details, enter your debit card number, its expiry date, CVV(last three digits printed on the signature panel on the back 0f the card), debit card PIN and continue.
- If you click secret questions, you will be required to enter the answers for the secret questions, same as you have updated before.
- If you apt for credit card details, then submit the details in your credit card like its number, expiry date and PIN.
- If you prefer physical PIN, you will be asked about your account details and an OTP will be sent to your registered number, which you have to submit.
- Then you will be asked to set a password with 6 characters. Enter a password, re-enter it and submit. Now you are registered for Kotak net banking.
- A 6 character password will be sent to your registered mobile number. So, the first time password for login is the combination of one you have created and the one that is sent to you. Later, you can change the password.
- Go to the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The home page will open. Click 'login' on the right side.
- Enter your CRN (Customer Relationship Number) and the 12 digit password. You are advised to use the virtual keyboard for enhanced security that no one can see what letter you press.
- Click 'Secure Login'. The next page will ask you for Dynamic Access Code (DAC). DAC is an auto-generated code that will be sent to your registered mobile number or email Id. Other than DAC, you can use Digital Signature Certificate, that is submitted while registering for net banking.
- Kotak bank always uses double factor authentication method to ensure high security. Once the verification of password and DAC over, you can access the facilities provided by Kotak net banking.
Kotak Bank Mobile Banking
Kotak Mahindra bank provides mobile banking service, which is more a handy bank branch that provides numerous services to its customer. This app works on any GSM/CDMA phones and it needs internet connection. You can register upto 10 CRNs in a single device and the first account to be registered is considered as Primary CRN and would be admin for other accounts too.
To use the Kotak mobile app
- Go to Kotak Bank Website or any other play store on your device and download Kotak Bank App.
- On the home page, enter your CRN and login.
- Provide your credit/ debit card details or net banking password you are asked for.
- Set an mPIN with 6 digits.
- An activation code will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter that code to fulfill the registration process.
- Then you can do mobile banking with mPIN as transaction password.
Apart from usual banking services, Kotak bank provides several expedient services like
- One Time Fund Transfer- no need to add beneficiary.
- Message Money - mobile number of recipient is enough.
- Mobile Pay - pay offline merchants
- Auto Pay - pay bills, EMI automatically from your account
- mStore - booking of flight ticket, movie ticket, hotel room, magazine subscription, mobile recharge, etc.
Kotak Bank SMS Banking
Kotak Bank provides SMS banking service to its customers, to acquire the banking service even without internet. It also has an inclusive SMS banking app called Bharat Banking App. Send a SMS to 9971056767 or 5676788 with the respective code and soon a message will deliver to you with the required information. However standard SMS rate will apply. The message formats for various services are as follows:
|Last three transactions||TXN last 4 digits of account number|
|Last three months statement on email||STMT last 4 digits of account number|
|Cheque status enquiry||CHQSTATUS last 4 digits of account number6 digit cheque number|
|New cheque book request||CHQBOOK last 4 digits of account number|
|Know your CRN||CRN|
|Nearest ATM||Nearest ATM|
|Nearest branch||BRANCH 6 digit pin code of your area|
|Pay bill||PAYBILL Bill Id CRN last 4 digits of account number Amount|
Kotak Bank Missed Call banking
Insta Balance Service is the missed call banking service provided by Kotak Mahindra Bank. Any account holder of Kotak can avail this service by registering his mobile number with his account. Give a missed call to the toll free number 18002740110 from your registered mobile number and you will get a confirmation message of your request and soon the message carrying the combined and available balance of all your accounts combined with your CRN. This service is available for customer whose CRN has the maximum of 10 accounts and for domestic mobile number only.