Credit card holders should repay their credit card bills in due time in order to enjoy various rewards and also to avoid fine. State Bank of India (SBI) offers multiple payment options to its customers. SBI credit card holders can easily pay their credit card bills through various modes which are available both in online and offline. Customers can choose any one of the payment option according to their convenience. Read this article in full to know everything about SBI credit card bill payment.
SBI Credit Card Online Payment Modes
SBI provides various online credit card bill payment modes to its customers. By using these modes, customers can easily pay their credit card bills. SBI offers 12 online modes
- Paynet- Pay online
- Visa Credit Card Pay
- Online SBI
- SBI Mobile Banking
- Electronic Bill Payment
- National Automated Clearing House
- SBI Auto Debit
- Debit Card
- Pay Via Mobile App
- Pay Via UPI
- Pay Via YONO
Let us see each payment option in detail.
Pay through NEFT
SBI credit card holders can pay their credit card bills via NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer). It is a simple and quick payment option. With this facility, customers can make payments from any NEFT enabled bank account. To make payment via NEFT, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to the internet banking service of your respective bank. Under third party transfer option, add your SBI card as beneficiary.
- To make SBI card payment, add the IFSC code SBIN00CARDS
- On the banking page, enter your 16-digit SBI credit card number in the place of account number.
- Enter SBI CREDIT CARD-NEFT as bank name
- Enter PAYMENT SYSTEMS GROUP, STATE BANK GITC, CBD BELAPUR, NAVI MUMBAI as bank address.
- Then tap the ‘submit’ button for the registration process to complete.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you can easily make credit card bill payment via NEFT.
- The payment will be credited within three hours.
By using Paynet-Pay Online option, SBI credit card customers can make credit card bill payment. Customers can pay their credit card bills either by logging in to SBI website or without logging in to SBI card online site. Payment will be credited instantly.
By logging in to SBI website
- Log in to https://www.sbicard.com/ by using your SBI card online user ID and password
- Click ‘Pay now’ option and select your payment amount
- Then select the payment mode and bank name from the dropdown menu
- Once the details are confirmed, you can make your credit card bill payment. You will receive a confirmation message along with the Transaction Reference Number to your registered mobile number and email ID.
Without logging in to SBI website
Also, SBI card holders can pay their credit card bills without logging in to SBI website via BillDesk.
- Visit the site https://www.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgijsp/sbicard/SBI_card.jsp
- Enter your email ID, SBI card number, mobile number, payment amount and click on ‘internet banking’ option. Then select the bank in the ‘pay from’ option and tap the ‘Pay now’ button.
- You will receive a confirmation message with Transaction Reference Number to your registered mobile number and email ID.
Visa Credit Card Pay
With this visa credit card pay facility, you can pay your credit card bill safely and quickly. To pay through visa credit card,
- Sign in to your bank’s internet banking site with your user ID and password.
- Select ‘Visa Credit Card Pay’ under the ‘Third Party Funds Transfer’ section.
- Enter the transfer details such as the sender and receiver’s information.
- Once you have entered your details, click on ‘Confirm’. After confirmation of details, the payment amount will be credited to the receiver’s account. It will take three working days for the amount to credit.
Online SBI Credit Card Payment
SBI credit card holders can settle their credit card bills via online SBI. To pay via online SBI, you need to register your SBI card for bill payment through online SBI.
To register for bill payment,
- Log in to online SBI using your internet banking user ID and password.
- Then click on ‘Bill Payment’ option and enter the ‘Manage Biller’ section.
- In the ‘Manage Biller’ section, click on the ‘Add’ option and tap on all India billers to select ‘SBI Cards and Payment Services Pvt.Ltd.’ as biller.
- Enter your name and credit card number to register your biller details and then tap ‘submit’. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and confirm your biller details. You are now successfully registered for bill payment.
To pay your credit card bill,
- Tap on view/pay bills section and click on the ‘Without bills’ option.
- Choose SBI card as biller and click ‘Pay’
- Select the SBI account number from which the bill payment is to be made.
- Enter the amount of payment and tap the ‘Pay Now’ button. For your transaction to be confirmed, click submit and go along with the given instructions.
- The payment will be made immediately.
SBI Mobile Banking
SBI Mobile Banking app helps the SBI card holders to pay their credit card bills without any hassles. To pay bill via SBI mobile banking, you need to register for this service. To register for this service,
- Send a message as MBSREG to 9223440000 to get user ID and default MPIN.
- Download State Bank Freedom app either from the link received through SMS or from Google Play/App store/ Blackberry world.
- Modify your default MPIN via State Bank Freedom app.
- Visit State Bank ATM or Branch to complete your registration process instantly.
- To activate via State Bank ATM, swipe your ATM card and select Mobile Registration>Mobile Banking Registration> Registration. Then enter your registered mobile number.
- To activate instantly, you need to submit the registration form in the bank branch.
- After installing the app on your mobile, you can pay credit card bill via bill payment section in the app’s home page.
Electronic Bill Payment (EBP)
Customers can make their payment through Electronic Bill Payment mode. They can make use of this facility via internet banking, ATM or else SBI, IOB, Citibank and BOI mobile service. To pay using this mode,
- Log in to the above-mentioned bank’s internet banking site where you have your bank account.
- Make ‘SBI Card’ as biller
- Enter your credit card details and payment amount. Then click ‘Submit’ to initiate your payment.
- The payment will be credited within three working days.
National Automated Clearing House (NACH)
To make payment via National Automated Clearing House, customers have to approve their SBI card to take away the payment every month directly from the bank account and with this service customers can pay their credit card bill on time. To set up and make payment using this service,
- Download the NACH enrolment form from the SBI form portal https://www.sbicard.com/en/forms-central.page
- Print the form and enter the mandatory fields such as card number, card holder name, MICR code, payment debit type, bank account number, bank name, IFSC code, debit amount, frequency, debit type, card number, Period from, to or until cancelled and signature with name.
- Select any one from the three payment options given in the form
- TAD (Total Amount Due) as mentioned in your SBI card statement
- MAD (Minimum Amount Due), the minimum SBI card payment amount as mentioned in SBI card statement.
- Fixed Amount which is to be deducted for SBI credit card bill from your bank account.
- Then send the filled in form with a cancelled cheque leaf to the postal address,
SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited,
P.O. Bag No.28,GPO,
Your NACH account will get started and the amount you have chosen for SBI card payment will be deducted from the account on due date.
SBI Auto Debit
By using SBI auto debit service, customers can easily pay their credit card bills. The SBI card payment amount will be deducted automatically from the bank account on payment due date. To get this service,
- Download the Auto Debit activation form from the SBI form portal https://www.sbicard.com/en/forms-central.page
- Print the form and enter the mandatory details and select any one from the two payment options- TAD (Total Amount Due) or MAD (Minimum Amount Due)
- Check the filled in details with the bank and send it to the postal address,
SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited,
P.O. Bag No.28, GPO,
The payment will be deducted from your SBI card account on payment due date.
SBI credit card holders can pay their credit card bills by using debit card. SBI credit card holders can also pay their SBI credit card bills by using other bank debit cards such as Bank of India’s ATM-cum-Debit card, Bank of Maharashtra Debit card, Citibank Debit card, IOB, SBI, Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Shivalik Bank, PragathiKrishna Bank, Kerala Gramin Bank, IDFC Bank and Bank of Baroda. To pay credit card bill using debit card,
- Get access to the site https://www.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgijsp/sbicard/SBI_card.jsp
- Enter your email ID, SBI card number, mobile number and payment amount. Select Debit card as your payment mode and then select the bank. This will navigate you to the payment page of the bank you have chosen.
- Enter your debit card details such as user ID, password and PIN.
- Once confirmed your payment, the amount will be deducted from the bank account in online. A confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Payment will be debited immediately from the bank account.
Pay Via Mobile App
SBI offers a mobile app through which SBI credit card holders can pay their credit card bill. To pay via mobile app,
- Download the SBI card mobile app from Apple iOS, Android or Windows app store with your SBI card online user ID and password. To register for this app, visit this site https://www.sbicard.com/creditcards/app/user/register-page
- Click ‘Pay now’ at the bottom of the Account Summary page.
- If it is not an already updated one, enter your mobile number and email ID.
- Select the amount you like to pay
- Total Outstanding Amount
- Minimum Amount Due
- Any other Amount.
- Then select the bank name and payment option. Once your details are confirmed, you will be redirected to the bank’s payment page and can make payment.
- The payment amount will be deducted from your account in online. A confirmation message along with the Transaction Reference Number will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
Pay Via UPI
SBI card holders can pay their credit card bills via UPI. To pay in this, you need to have BHIM SBI Pay app.
- Download BHIM SBI Pay app from Google Play and install it.
- Customize BHIM SBI Pay login account and register your mobile number.
- Use SBI handle to create your own VPA (Virtual Payment Address). For instance, customername@sbi Link your bank account.
- Set your UPI pin
- You can make transaction using BHIM SBI Pay by sharing only your VPA.
To pay using SBI BHIM Pay,
- Tap on ‘Pay by VPA’. The format will be "sbicard. 16-digit credit card number@SBI".
- Enter the amount you wish to pay for SBI card and click ‘Go’
- Check bank account MPIN and click ‘Submit’
- Payment will be made instantly and a message with available credit limit will be sent to the customer.
Pay Via YONO
SBI recently launched an app called YONO. To make payment with this app, SBI customers have to register and link their SBI card with YONO.
To register on YONO,
- Download SBI YONO app from Google Play Store.
- Install it via iOS app, Android app or SBI online portal.
- Register with your online net banking or debit card number
- Enter the OTP to confirm your registration
- Set your MPIN and click ‘Submit’
To link SBI Credit Card on YONO, you should have your registered mobile number.
- In YONO, go to Credit card section and click ‘Link SBI Credit card’
- Enter your sbicard.com site’s log in username and password.
- Click ‘Send OTP’ and enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- You are successfully get linked with the app.
To make payment through YONO,
- Sign in to YONO app with MPIN or login password.
- Go to the Credit card section and on ‘My Relationships’ page, click on the card which you to wish to make your payment and then click ‘Pay now’
- Select the SBI account from which you wish to make your payment.
- Select any one of the payment option- Total Outstanding Payment, Minimum Amount Due or Any other amount.
- Then click ‘Pay now’ to make payment. The payment will be made instantly.
SBI Credit Card Offline Payment Modes
SBI offers offline credit card bill payment modes for the customers who lack internet facility. The offline credit card bill payment modes are, Over the Counter Payment, Electronic Drop Box, Manual Drop Box, SBI ATM.
Over the Counter (OTC) Payment
SBI credit card holders can pay their credit card bills via OTC (Over the Counter) payment facility. To pay through OTC,
- Visit your nearby SBI branch
- Get the pay-in slip from information desk and fill the mandatory details. Submit the slip with payment to the teller.
- Then get the acknowledgement slip from the teller.
- The payment will be made within two working days.
Electronic Drop Box
By using Electronic Drop Box, SBI credit card customers can pay their bill simply by dropping down the cheques in electronic drop boxes and can get receipt immediately.
- Locate your nearest electronic drop box.
- Follow the instructions given in the drop box and drop the cheque in it.
- Once your transaction is successful, you will receive a scanned copy of the cheque as receipt.
- Payment will be made within four working days.
Manual Drop Box
SBI credit card holders can pay their credit card bill by dropping down the filled in cheques in the Manual Drop Boxes nearer to their location.
- Fill your SBI credit card number in the cheque correctly.
- Also write your name and mobile number at the back of the cheque.
- In the place of payee name, write ‘SBI Card NO. 16-digits of your credit card number’
- Also verify whether the payment amount, date and signature are clearly mentioned in the cheque.
- Payment will be made within four working days.
SBI credit card customers can pay their outstanding bill via debit card by visiting their nearby SBI ATM centre. To pay via SBI ATM,
- Go to nearest SBI ATM centre.
- In the ATM machine, insert your debit card and press the ‘Bill Pay’ option from the services tab
- Enter your 16-digit SBI credit card number and payment amount.
- You will receive payment receipt immediately, once the payment is initiated.
- The payment will be made within two days.