Having health insurance is the need of the hour as it will protect you and your family from life-threatening diseases. With the rise of new diseases every day, the cost of medical expenses is also rising. Health insurance offers financial protection against medical expenses.
SBI General Insurance offers health insurance policy as well as critical illness plan which ensures financial safety of your future. SBI health insurance comes with wide range of benefits such as cashless facility, family floater option and comprehensive coverage. SBI's critical illness plan covers 13 critical illnesses with the maximum sum insured of Rs. 50,00,000. These two policies offered by SBI offers financial protection cover to you and your family!
Why you need to choose SBI Health Insurance?
Here are the reasons why you need to opt for SBI health insurance policy. SBI health insurance has the following benefits.
- SBI health insurance premiums are eligible for tax exemption under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- It has 6000+ network hospitals across the country.
- It has served over 6.8 crore customers till date.
- It has handled claims worth Rs. 11 crores.
- All policies offered by SBI health insurance covers pre and post hospitalization expenses.
- It offers lifelong renewability option for all plans.
- It offers flexible plan options with which you can choose the best plan.
- It offers family floater plans that cover the entire family under single policy.
- It offers health insurance policies with premium starting from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5 lakhs.
What are the types of SBI Health Insurance Policy?
SBI health insurance offers different types of health insurance policies from which you can choose the one that best suits your requirements. The policies are,
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Arogya Premier Policy
- Arogya Plus Policy
- Arogya Top up Policy
- Retail Health Insurance Policy
- Critical Illness Insurance Policy
- Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy
- Group Health Insurance Policy
- Loan Insurance Policy
What are the features and coverage benefits of SBI Health Insurance Policies?
|Arogya Sanjeevani Policy||
|Arogya Premier Policy||
|Arogya Plus Policy||
|Arogya Top up Policy||
|Retail Health Insurance Policy||
|Critical Illness Insurance Policy||
|Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy||
|Group Health Insurance Policy||
|Loan Insurance Policy||
How to buy SBI Health Insurance Policy in Online?
You can buy SBI health insurance policy instantly in online by just following the simple steps given below.
- Visit SBI General Insurance Portal
- On the home page, select 'Health' and click 'Buy'. Then select your gender, residing city, family members and date of birth. Click 'Go'
- On the next page, enter your mobile number and email id. Select the checkbox and click 'Continue'
- Provide details about your lifestyle habits and click 'Continue'
- Select your preferred sum insured amount and click 'Continue'
- Then select the add-on which you want to buy along with the policy and click 'Continue'
- After confirming your policy premium details, make payment by selecting the payment gateway.
- Upon successful payment, you will get your health insurance policy instantly.
How to renew SBI Health Insurance Policy in Online?
You can renew your expired SBI health insurance policy in online by following the procedures given below.
- Visit SBI General Insurance Portal
- On the home page, select 'Health' and then click 'Renew'. Select the policy and enter the policy number.
- On the next page, your policy details will appear.
- Complete the payment process to renew your expired policy.
What are the documents required to claim SBI Health Insurance Policy?
In order to claim the money spent for hospital treatment, you need to submit the original copies of the following documents.
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Original bills that are duly signed and stamped by authoritative person in the hospital
- Details of the hospital such as duration of the treatment, number of doctors and nurses, and available beds.
- Original discharge report
- Original reports related to the treatment
- If any, future line of treatment with original bills.
- Police FIR copy in case of accident
- A copy of PAN card
- A copy of health card
- Bank details along with cancelled cheque leaf containing name, account number, IFSC code, etc.
What is the procedure to claim SBI Health Insurance Policy?
To claim SBI health insurance policy, intimate about your claim with SBI health insurance.
- Call the toll-free number 1800 102 1111 or SMS 'CLAIM' to 561612 or send your details through email to email@example.com and get your claim reference number.
- You can also submit your claim in online. Just click here
- Once you have intimated your claim, the customer care representative will provide you with the list of documents required to process your claim.
- The Claims Manager/ Executive will contact you within 24 hours of registering your claim.
- Submit all the necessary documents with the Claims Manager/ Executive and get it verified with the originals.
- Upon receiving the final survey report, SBI will initiate your claim process and your claim will be settled within 30 days.