An update, aimed to keep you well-informed about how to link Aadhaar with EPF account in both online and offline modes and the benefits associated with it.
The introduction of Aadhaar by the Indian Government is one of the best scheme ever. Having Aadhaar is a prerequisite one for every Indian Citizen. Aadhaar serves as an important identification proof in almost all sectors nowadays. It is mandatory these days to link Aadhaar with all details such as mobile number, bank account, PAN card, ration card, voter ID, and so on. By seeding Aadhaar with these details, one can avail benefits from various schemes offered by the government. Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), a saving scheme initiated by the government for the welfare of the employees is also to be seeded with Aadhaar. Currently, it is obligatory to link Aadhaar with EPF account also. Let’s discuss in detail how to link Aadhaar with your EPF Account.
How to link Aadhaar with EPF Account Offline?
By linking Aadhaar with EPF account, EPF members can avail the benefits offered by EPFO. The members can easily link Aadhaar with EPF account manually and EPFO offers this mode especially for incomputerate employees and retirees.
- The EPFO has established the service called Aadhaar Seeding Application with the assistance of Common Service Centres (CSC) and CDAC.
- EPF members can seed their Aadhaar details with EPF account by visiting their nearby EPFO field office or CSC outlets.
- To link Aadhaar with EPF account, EPF members should keep in hand the following documents while visiting EPFO field office or CSC outlets.
- UAN (Universal Account Number)
- Self-attested copy of PAN card
- Self-attested copy of Aadhaar card
- IFSC code of the bank
- Bank account number
- Cancelled cheque leaf
- After submitting these documents and the verification process is over, the Aadhaar details will be seeded to your EPF account.
- An SMS will be sent to the mobile number you have registered with, once the Aadhaar is seeded with your EPF account.
How to link Aadhaar with EPF Account Online?
Aadhaar can be linked with EPF account easily in EPFO’s online portal. With this online facility by EPFO, members can seed their Aadhaar with EPF account. To link Aadhaar with EPF account, go along with the steps below.
- Go to EPFO’s Unified Portal https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/
- In the home page, under ‘Online Services’, click “UAN Member e-Sewa” from ‘For Employees’
- To sign in, enter UAN, password and captcha code.
- This will take you to the page where you have to click “KYC” from ‘Manage’ in the top tab.
- It will redirect you to the next page which displays the details of your bank account, PAN card, Aadhaar card, passport, driving license, election card, ration card and National Population Register (NPR), under “Add KYC”. The EPFO gives an option to its members, in which they can update their details.
- Now select the “Aadhaar” option and enter your Aadhaar number and the Aadhaar name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
- After entering the Aadhaar number and name, click “Save”
- In case of mismatch of name or any service issues in EPFO or UIDAI, you cannot update the details. If your name mismatches, then notify it to your employer.
- After saving the details, you will find all details under “Pending KYC”
- The details are to be consented by the employer and it will take 15 days for the details to get approved.
- Once the details are approved by the employer, the details which appeared in the “Pending KYC” section will appear in the “Approved KYC” section.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar with EPF Account
The members of the EPFO are required to link their Aadhaar card with the EPF account. Our Indian government has made it compulsory for all EPF members to seed their Aadhaar details with EPF account to simplify the verification process. The EPFO has made the Aadhaar linking process much easier for the EPF members by providing both online and offline modes. Some of the advantages in seeding Aadhaar with EPF account are,
- As the Aadhaar card is inclusive of all unique bio metrics data like fingerprint and iris, it serves as an important proof for authentication of all details. So, linking Aadhaar with EPF account eases verification process.
- The possibility of errors in the details of EPF account is very low as it coincides with the details in Aadhaar. Seeding Aadhaar details with EPF account minimizes the chances of inaccurate information.
- Linking Aadhaar with EPF account keeps your account safe. As the information in Aadhaar are unique, no one can access your account unless you. It ensures safe EPF payments, transfers and withdrawals.
- Since EPF account is linked with Aadhaar, it excludes any chances for duplicate EPF accounts and with Aadhaar card, a person can have only one EPF and UAN account.
- The EPF members need not get any attestation from their employers for the withdrawal of PF amount. By linking Aadhaar with EPF account, members can easily withdraw PF amount in online itself.